Thursday, November 27, 2008

I look forward to going down to Shalimar for Thanksgiving every year. Shirley cooks tons of food. We have a nice quiet dinner with Patrick, Glen, Tricia and the darling grandchildren.

I am thankfull that our children were able to enjoy my parents when they were young and healthy. My mother had a warning stroke when she was 54 yrs old. Her blood pressure was sky high. She was put on medication but did not like it, so she stopped taking it. When she was 56yr she has her first major stroke. Before the stroke she was a traveler, homemaker, volunteer and fairly active. After the stroke she was lucky to be able make a pot of coffee. In fact it was three months of in home care before she could make coffee.







The moral of this story is if you have high blood pressure, pay attention, take your medicine. Watch for signs of stroke. Take care of yourself.

I am happy to have now arrived at the age of 57 stroke free.

No comments: