Sunday, March 22, 2009

Cooking Disasters and other Boring things

OK, here is my stab at a blog entry that has NOTHING to do with my parents (who by the way are still taking up a lot of my time).

I have only had two cooking disasters that I can remember. The first was when we lived in New Orleans. Before work I put something in the crock pot. When I arrived home I took a look at the food and wanted to thicken it up a bit so in my tired "just getting home" stupor I grabbed a yellow box I assumed was cornstarch. Unfortunately it was baking soda. When I added the baking soda to the simmering pot it proceeded to erupt like a volcano and spew everywhere. Chinese takeout was substituted for the ruined dinner.

Last week I made spaghetti squash in the microwave. Spaghetti squash is allowed under South Beach, regular spaghetti is not. Anyway, I followed the directions stuck to the squash. I was just passing the microwave when the door blew open and spaghetti squash exploded all over the inside of the microwave, what a mess.

Now - for the biggest messes I have ever made. I always remember when littles Brian was helping me bring in a gallon of milk. He was about 4 years old. He dropped the milk and it exploded everywhere. Yesterday I dropped a container of custard straight down on the floor, it spewed all over the wall, computer, printer, floor. That was a bigger mess than the milk.

1 comment:

Brian and Jenn said...

That made me laugh...I can just see milk everywhere. We had a similar mess today...I dropped a can of root beer and it exploded and sprayed everywhere!