Saturday, April 18, 2009

IF DOGS CAN DO IT - SO CAN I

Live in the Moment. This came to me driving up Highway 45 in Mississippi on the way to Memphis. Time stands still in little towns with names like Chunchula, Buckatoona, Tupelo and Citronelle. I actually saw two old guys sitting in a breakfast place just passing the time. Along the back country roads there were signs for yard sales and homemade purses. Pine forests, country churches. There were wood crafts, bird houses and red dirt roads. I'm thinkin some of those people had lived there all their lives and never ventured to far away.

At any rate. I am trying to hold myself to living in the moment.

We are in Memphis until Monday when we board the night train for CHI town.

This morning we watched 4 yr old Ethan play soccer, his daddy is the coach. We went to visit their house in the country. Then we went to lunch at Arlington Barbeque in Arlington Tenn. Yum. Gregory and Cristi have a beautiful house and two really cute children.

1 comment:

Brian and Jenn said...

that sounds like a good philosphy. I've tried that the last few months and it's easier said than done. If your successful, let me know your secrets!

Souds like your trip is off to a great start. We're looking forward to seeing you soon.