Thursday, February 26, 2009

Assisted Living Move In - Take One

So here is how today has gone. The recliners and sofa/sleeper were delivered as scheduled. Unfortunately, the recliners are rockers which I guess my sister and I failed to realize. Margie has gone by Lazy Boy in Mobile and gotten a swap out with a monday delivery. Cannot have rocking chairs because the older folks will be richocheted out when they sit down/drop into the chair. We will have to use some of the Assisted Living place chairs for now.

Ashley Furniture delivered the twin sleigh beds, one mattress, and NO box springs. So here is how it went with them today:
10:00 a.m. I call ask about delivery, they tell me I should have already been called. Delivery schedule for 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 pm. GOOD THING we did not need to be at the Assited Living to meet the furniture.
10:05 a.m. Ashley person tells me there was an error in the purchase order and they would be delivering two box springs and one mattress!! I stressed the fact that we had TWO people and they needed a place to sleep, was promised a call back.
12:30 pm No call back, I call Ashley, they say they are working on it but they have been busy.
12:30 ask to have the store manager call me.
1:00 pm Beds are delivered, one mattress NO box springs
1:30 pm I visit Ashley where I am told things have been crazy around there and they were working on a loaner mattress. That is when I told them that I did not care about their internal problems and we needed a mattress and TWO box springs. Oh,, and the store manager has gone home for the DAY.
2:30 - Ashley calls and says they will deliver loaners by 6:00 pm tonight. More later.

No comments: