Saturday, August 18, 2012

Anniversary - 42 Years- No Pictures Please

Both of us forgot our Cameras!!  I am between Camera bags. One is too small and one is too large.

Hard to believe, 42 years.  Patrick and I had a very nice dinner at the Grand Hotel.  We talked about when he was 17 and working for the Fairhope Airport.  He took care of the airplanes and when guests arrived in their private jets he would drive them and their luggage to the Grand Hotel in the Airport's Ford Fairlane Station Wagon.  The draft board was looming waiting for him to turn 18 and his High School Guidance Counselor laughed when he said he wanted to go to Medical School so he went in the Coast Guard.

We both attended the same High School.  I went for four years and he was there for one.  Although we never met each other.  There were close to 800 students in my graduating class.  Girls were not allowed to wear pants to school except on certain "fun" days.  When I was a Senior one of the traditions the week of graduation was to walk the halls of the school barefoot.

Anyway, I digress.  http://www.marriott.com/hotelwebsites/us/p/ptlal/ptlal_pdf/The%20Grand%20Dining%20Room%20Website%20Version.pdf

Dinner was really nice but as we sat down I felt like a fish out of water.  It was way over the top high brow.  There was lady playing the grand piano and singing.  She was great but reminded me of a Saturday Night Live skit the way she narrated her songs.  The starter was a Tuna Salad served in a small serving dish that looked like a tablespoon.  It reminded me of the Tuna Tar Tar we had at the Townhall in San Francisco.  Patrick's fish was prepared at the table.  I ordered the salad and it was in a circle about the size of a coffee cup and stuffed into a thin slice of cucumber.  My scallops were also in a serving a little larger than a coffee cup, served in a dish with a wide rim that I almost turned over.

Very nice relaxing evening with hubby!!

No comments: